January 17, 2007

Update

I promise that I will post new pictures in the not so distant future.

Overall, the girls are doing well.

Megan is growing up so quickly. It is amazing what the difference of two years makes. Two years ago, she was just a young baby. Now, she is really a little girl. We have been working on potty training, getting dressed all by herself, and how to ask nice. She has a great vocabulary. This vocubulary is amazing but sometimes it gets us in trouble as she often picks up new words at times when you don't always want her too. The last few days she has decided that things are "scary" in her bedroom. The scary item is her bedroom at the present time is the fire alarm. I don't really know how to explain to her what a fire alarm does or why it is important so most evenings we just talk about it not being scary. She really loves to read books and do puzzles. I honestly think that she could read books all night long. An additional "meganism" is that she often doesn't want to go home right away from daycare. Often, when we pick her up she tries to convince us that we need to go some place before we go home. Sometimes the persuasion works, sometimes not. You can guess what happens when the persuasion doesn't work....(hint....drama is a key component.)

Claire is now an amazing 7 1/2 months old. In the last few weeks she really has started exploring the big bold world. She loves gnawing on biter biscuits, which I think is absolutely a disgusting mess in the end. She also loves to take baths. Last night she took a bath and I think she thought it was pretty cool to be by herself in the tub. She splashed and splashed and laughed and laughed. It was great to see her enjoy the water so much. She also is trying to move. She doesn't really like to roll but knows how to. She tries to get up on her hands and knees. So crawling will happen anytime. I am afraid she is going to be our child that gets into everything. This realization also comes with the daily epiphany that Claire is nothing like her sister. Claire from day one has shown myself and her dad that she is her own child......

That is all for now!

No comments: